Countdown 12-16-08

Keith Olbermann Stuff For 2008
Marie
Certified Fan

Countdown 12-16-08

Postby Marie » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:40 am

"Merry Shoeless, Jo!"

What a great way for Keith to start the last discussion tonight! This was classic Countdown, full of surprises. Joel McHale dodged shoes throughout the segment (a red high-heeled number found its mark: "Ow!") and Keith wrapped it up by hurling his own grey tennie -- instead of a crumpled paper wad -- at the camera!

See it here: :grin: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... 1#28269860

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Neitzluber

Re: Countdown 12-16-08

Postby Neitzluber » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:01 am

"Bush is full of crap."

=D>

South Side Jo

Postby South Side Jo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:04 am

Are you sure that was Keith's shoe? Someone threw a shoe at him toward the end of the segment. To me, it didn't look big enough to be his size. I assumed it belonged to a producer or someone else behind the camera.

I like the hand-offs to Rachel. Last night's "extended" hand-off was great. Keith looks so happy to be introducing her every night.
"What a long, strange trip it's been." -- The Grateful Dead

Conditional_Id

Postby Conditional_Id » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi Marie and Jo:

Yeah, that "full of crap" line was priceless. My husband had JUST said it, and there goes Keith, right on cue. We were laughing pretty hard at that point. And poor Joel and the shoes! Last time, a baby, this time shoes...and yeppers that plastic high heel is gonna leave a mark. The Devil does wear Prada, after all.

I was glad to see Keith easily duck the one thrown at himself. The night before he'd been making noises about "oh gee, Bush had such good reflexes, it would have hit me on the head etc." and I'm going "uhh...i don't think so but whatever". Unless KO has some sort of stigmatism that affects his peripheral vision I suspect his reflexes are pretty damned good.
There are cases where doubt is unreasonable, but there are others where it seems logically impossible. And there seems to be no clear boundary between them. LW/OC/454

misslindagene

Postby misslindagene » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Bushy has had plenty of practice. He has been dodging IsShoes for 8 years now!

Return to “2008”