Only his hairdresser knows

:lol: :lol:

I love Eugene!

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Countdown 12/15/08

Postby Marie » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:44 am

That was a funny exchange!

But I am concerned about Keith's sore throat, the second this season.
Please take care of yourself and your voice, KO!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:35 am

Just watched 'Oddball' again [smilie=pdt_piratz_20.gif] ...I think they may have up-ed Laura's meds :-k , she looks more 'Zoned' then usual. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_23
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:09 am

That's interesting you should mention that, SL, because I noticed that about her, too!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Conditional_Id

Postby Conditional_Id » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:44 pm

Hey Marie! Depends on what he had...I had pharyngitis w. strep about the same time he did and it never totally went away, in fact, has just flared again with this cold spell. The stuff is tenacious, and can result in swollen lymph in the throat, cough, congestion, etc. Rachel's been up and down with something as well...my guess is that just about everyone over there has been exposed by now and it might just be flaring! I've been down all weekend myself, sleeping a lot, etc.

I hope everyone gets better! Hubby recommends juniper berries (about five) soaked overnight in gin. Very high Vit C. And the gin & tonic makes it go down rather well...medicinal purposes, yanno. :grin:
There are cases where doubt is unreasonable, but there are others where it seems logically impossible. And there seems to be no clear boundary between them. LW/OC/454

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:27 pm

Conditional_Id wrote:

Hey Marie! Depends on what he had...I had pharyngitis w. strep about the same time he did and it never totally went away, in fact, has just flared again with this cold spell. The stuff is tenacious, and can result in swollen lymph in the throat, cough, congestion, etc. Rachel's been up and down with something as well...my guess is that just about everyone over there has been exposed by now and it might just be flaring! I've been down all weekend myself, sleeping a lot, etc.

I hope everyone gets better! Hubby recommends juniper berries (about five) soaked overnight in gin. Very high Vit C. And the gin & tonic makes it go down rather well...medicinal purposes, yanno. :grin:

So Rachel IS bi! :wink:

My dear departed dad would have approved of your husband's prescription; recalling the line from My Fair Lady: "he poured so much down his own throat that he knew the good of it!" I can't drink gin at all, so I'll have to lace some rose hips tea with some rum instead if I ever need it. :-)

Hope you get over whatever ails you soon, C_I. And Keith, too. His larynx is his fortune!

-Marie-

South Side Jo

Postby South Side Jo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:56 am

Gin with juniper berries and rosehip tea with rum sound good. But we grew up with Rock and Rye. It's a citrus/whiskey blend that warms you up real nice. Just a shot before bedtime and you sleep like a baby. Some brands of Rock and Rye have orange and/or lemon wedges in the bottle. Great stuff.

My mom used to tell us that during the Depression my grandfather made his own hootch and sold it to make extra money. When my mom or one of her siblings would get a cold, my grandfather would melt butter and sugar in a frying pan, add some of his homemade hootch and give each kid a couple of spoonfuls. Colds didn't last long with that formula!
"What a long, strange trip it's been." -- The Grateful Dead

Conditional_Id

Postby Conditional_Id » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:56 pm

Great story, South Side Jo!

Depression stories abounded in our family as well. Grandma Anna kept two "medicinal brandies", apricot and blackberry...plus brewed her own beer; the great uncles all made their own wine, and vinegars. They were Chicagoans come over from Sicily in the early 1900s. The homemade hooch came from the other side, they settled in southern Illinois, and by the time the Sicilians traded recipes with all the Lithuanians, Polish, and other people who worked the mines, there was quite a larder to choose from. GGrandma Nicoletta actually drove around a butter and egg horse and carraige, bartering with the neighbors! They all Americanized their names, it took years of tracking back through family records and geneology reports before I got it all straight. Point is: We don't have to fear this depression if we all stick together. 8)
There are cases where doubt is unreasonable, but there are others where it seems logically impossible. And there seems to be no clear boundary between them. LW/OC/454

Return to “2008”