Countdown 12/12/08

Keith Olbermann Stuff For 2008
dejapig
Site Admin

Countdown 12/12/08

Postby dejapig » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:37 pm

David Schuster in tonight for Keith.

Countdown has a memo circulated to the Senate GOP calling for completely partisan blocking of the auto bailout, no matter what, no matter who goes down. :evil: Whatever happened to "Country First"?
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

dejapig
Site Admin

Re: Countdown 12/12/08

Postby dejapig » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:47 pm

Woohoo, David, for taking the Bush White House to task for not letting the Obamas move into Blair House early enough for their daughters to start school! The excuse? It's booked for other receptions.
:lame
David offered his place in Georgetown as an alternate location, even offered to make hors d'oeuvres! :lol:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss

Trekkie

Postby Trekkie » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:55 pm

dejapig wrote:Countdown has a memo circulated to the Senate GOP calling for completely partisan blocking of the auto bailout, no matter what, no matter who goes down. :evil: Whatever happened to "Country First"?

Country First was just a slogan. They never really meant it.

And this is what it will be like for the next 2 years - using whatever tricks they can muster to guarantee nothing gets done.

But with Franken now really in a position to take MN, that puts the caucus at 59. And if Obama taps Olympia Snowe for a position in the Administration, we might get over the hump.
Tenth Doctor:
"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up." - Forest Of The Dead

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - Blink

goodgirl81

Postby goodgirl81 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:02 pm

Anybody know where Keith is? They may have said, but I did not watch. I never do if Keith isn't there. I don't remember Keith saying he'd be gone tonight, but he seems to take a lot of Fridays off. :-(

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:20 pm

They didn't say why no Keith tonight, but did say he'd be back on Monday to finish his list of most corrupt politicians that he was supposed to do tonight. So maybe it was an unexpected absence?

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:55 pm

That's right..........last night he made it sound like he would be back tonight with the list. I missed most of the show tonight, so I missed Shuster offering his home to the Obama's. But way to go David! =D>
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:04 pm

He was actually offering his home (and culinary skills) to the Bush receptions scheduled at Blair House so as to free up Blair House for the Obamas. :grin:

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:08 pm

Well shoot. I'd have the Obama's over instead. Maybe he lives outside the school district that the girls will be in. I am watching the rerun now.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:11 pm

He said Georgetown. I imagine "out of district" wouldn't be an issue for the President's daughters. :grin: I think it's a private school anyway. But yeah, you're right, I'd just give my house to the Obamas. I bet they get plenty of suitable offers. They said they weren't fussed over the inconvenience, but David was sure outraged in their behalf. :lol:

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:15 pm

Well duh. Private school, you're right. I have been so out of the news stuff the last week because I have done nothing, absolutely nothing towards getting Christmas stuff done and now I am slammed with it.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

stretchdogg

Postby stretchdogg » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:11 am

I would bet big bucks KO still has plenty of vacation days to use before the end of the year.

Karen'sKeithie

Postby Karen'sKeithie » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:29 pm

Well, shoot, msnbc doesn't have Friday's show, yet. I want to see David blast the Bush assministration for not letting the Obama's move in the Blair house. "Fully booked,' indeed!
What a bunch of bullshit, not that it surprises me. :evil:
"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals...These ideals still light the world and we will not give them up for expedience's sake."
GOBAMA!!

misslindagene

Postby misslindagene » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:18 pm

so KO was sick again. Guess a young gf can do that to a man his age :)

NancyB
Spaz

Postby NancyB » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:14 pm

Geez, Linda, people DO get sick at this time of year, young girlfriend or not. :lol:

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:15 pm

There may actually be health benefits! :grin:

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Return to “2008”