'The Rachel Maddow Show' 12/10/2008

Keith Olbermann Stuff For 2008
Slfriend79
Site Admin

'The Rachel Maddow Show' 12/10/2008

Postby Slfriend79 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:34 pm

I love that she had the singing lumps of coal on tonight. [smilie=pdt_piratz_20.gif]

Here's the link to the sight. #-o

http://www.americaspower.org/Carolers

These people are sick. saiyan
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: 'The Rachel Maddow Show' 12/10/2008

Postby Marie » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:23 am

The singing lumps go perfectly with the industry's other brilliant prong of their ad campaign: the TV commercial where the guy goes outside to show everyone how low-impact "clean coal technology" is by SCREAMING through the rest of the ad. :roll:

The individual who came up with this concept should get a big lump of "clean" coal in his stocking!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:32 am

I think those two concepts are on different sides of the issue. The Clean Coal Carolers are for it; the screamer is against. The idea of the screamer commercial is to show that there is no such thing as clean coal technology.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:34 am

dejapig wrote:I think those two concepts are on different sides of the issue. The Clean Coal Carolers are for it; the screamer is against. The idea of the screamer commercial is to show that there is no such thing as clean coal technology.

Really? Hmm... have to watch it more closely next time.

I've been reaching for the mute button whenever it comes on!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dasib01

Postby dasib01 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:18 pm

I thought they would show the injecting of emissions back into the ground..

Clean coal won't happen unless the industry takes a more pro-active stance to make it happen.. like re-investing some of their profits into it instead of relying on the govt to do it for them..

I wonder what the old "coal" moguls like Carnegie would say about it.

Mule Skinner Blues

Postby Mule Skinner Blues » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:22 am

There's a lot of research out there that says the fine particulates from coal and other sources (contrails, high emission vehicles) is actually slowing global warming. see : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_dimming and http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sun/

That'd be a great argument for dirty coal...at least it will help dim the sun and keep the planet cooler. :grin:

Other than that, clean coal has always been a joke...it does nothing to sequester Co2, it only targets the fine particulates released, which ultimately might harm global temps more if implemented.
"Rule 17: Don't turn your back on bears, men you have wronged or the dominant turkey during mating season."
- Dwight Schrute

Return to “2008”