Countdown 12/10/08

Keith Olbermann Stuff For 2008
MrsData

Countdown 12/10/08

Postby MrsData » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:17 pm

Is Blagojevich crazy, stupid, arrogant or all three? :lol: What stands out in my mind is that he called Barack a mofo.

dejapig
Site Admin

Re: Countdown 12/10/08

Postby dejapig » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:18 pm

You know the name callers...they got nuthin! :whistle:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

MrsData

Postby MrsData » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Of course and the democrats have been distancing themselves from him for awhile now. I don't remember seeing or even hearing about him at Grant Park on election night and at the DNC convention.

Mule Skinner Blues

Postby Mule Skinner Blues » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:33 pm

Did Keith just declare a war on Christmas in Best Persons?
"Rule 17: Don't turn your back on bears, men you have wronged or the dominant turkey during mating season."
- Dwight Schrute

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:16 pm

That last guest was bleepin' hilarious!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Cpt. m00fin-san

Postby Cpt. m00fin-san » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:20 pm

Marie wrote:That last guest was bleepin' hilarious!

-Marie-

Bleep yeah!
"...this country has never succeeded in moving forward without first cleansing itself of its mistaken past."
-Keith Olbermann

Conditional_Id

Postby Conditional_Id » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:31 pm

Bleep yeah!

bleep, indeed. complete with "colorful metaphors". (spock eyebrow here)

Between the snips from Gov. LePetomaine (Blazing Saddles), the Jingle Cats, the astronomy (priceless, and accurate), the idea of Billo in a purple haze, and the last guest, this show did a very great deal to lift my spirits, which were at best, flat. Fran Dresher? eeek. Go Margaret.

From www.imdb.com: Blazing Saddles:
Governor William J. Le Petomane: Holy underwear! Sheriff murdered! Innocent women and children blown to bits! We have to protect our phoney baloney jobs here, gentlemen! We must do something about this immediately! Immediately! Immediately! Harrumph! Harrumph! Harrumph!

and my favorite line:
Lilly von Schtupp: Ah, who am I kiddin'? Evewything fwom the waist down, is Kaput!
There are cases where doubt is unreasonable, but there are others where it seems logically impossible. And there seems to be no clear boundary between them. LW/OC/454

Cpt. m00fin-san

Postby Cpt. m00fin-san » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:44 pm

While we're on the subject of the jingle cats, I wonder if they'd be anything like a lolcat...

[/random tired musings]
"...this country has never succeeded in moving forward without first cleansing itself of its mistaken past."
-Keith Olbermann

Conditional_Id

Postby Conditional_Id » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:52 pm

On the Jingle Cats: http://www.amazon.com/Meowy-Christmas-J ... B000001UEP
blurb reads:

Product Description
JINGLE CATS 'MEOWY CHRISTMAS CD AND CASSETTE: The world's first album of songs sung by real cats. A phenomenon! This is the album that started it all. Seen on television ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and in newspapers, such as the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and magazines such as CATS Magazine and People Magazine. The Jingle Cats album brought cat fanciers a roaringly funny album which speaks to humans and cats! Warning: listeners have reported losing control of their cars while listening to this album. The #1 requested Christmas album for radio stations nationwide, the #1 Christmas novelty album and Tower Records #1 selling Christmas CD in 1993, and a ranking in Billboard's Top 10 Holiday Album List for 1994.

Apparently Mike Spalla (creator and cat trainer?) has albums out every year since, I think there is one out for 2007 for sure, and probably this year.

So, no, not like lolcats at cheezeburger.
Last edited by Conditional_Id on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are cases where doubt is unreasonable, but there are others where it seems logically impossible. And there seems to be no clear boundary between them. LW/OC/454

Cpt. m00fin-san

Postby Cpt. m00fin-san » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:53 pm

Conditional_Id wrote:On the Jingle Cats: http://www.amazon.com/Meowy-Christmas-J ... B000001UEP
blurb reads:

Product Description
JINGLE CATS 'MEOWY CHRISTMAS CD AND CASSETTE: The world's first album of songs sung by real cats. A phenomenon! This is the album that started it all. Seen on television ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and in newspapers, such as the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and magazines such as CATS Magazine and People Magazine. The Jingle Cats album brought cat fanciers a roaringly funny album which speaks to humans and cats! Warning: listeners have reported losing control of their cars while listening to this album. The #1 requested Christmas album for radio stations nationwide, the #1 Christmas novelty album and Tower Records #1 selling Christmas CD in 1993, and a ranking in Billboard's Top 10 Holiday Album List for 1994.

So, no, not like lolcats at cheezeburger.

Not yet, but if someone took pictures of them...
-Keith Olbermann

misslindagene

Postby misslindagene » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:51 pm

Mrsdata, I live in Illinois. The guv is all you said plus words I can't use here. He has been corrupt for years...Hopefully he shall soon be leaving.

In defense of my state, we did give y'all Obama and Michael Jordan!

Return to “2008”