Countdown 12/8/08

Keith Olbermann Stuff For 2008
MrsData

Countdown 12/8/08

Postby MrsData » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:12 pm

Oh Jay Leno...why can't you move on? :lol: He is like that beauty queen who refuses to relinquish her crown even though she has to.

dejapig
Site Admin

Re: Countdown 12/8/08

Postby dejapig » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:18 am

A bit of an explanation on "Morning Joe" this a.m. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it costs about 10 times (?) as much to produce one of the hour-long prime time dramas than it does to produce a show like Leno's. Also, he's a known commodity, brings his top ratings with him...it's a no-brainer for the network to replace one of those expensive dramas with Jay in prime time at 10pm.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

terryballard

Postby terryballard » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:58 am

Swell,

Hundreds and hundreds more Clinton babe jokes are waiting for us. Oh boy.
"Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
The Grateful Dead

stretchdogg

Postby stretchdogg » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:19 pm

NBC was deathly afraid to have Leno on a competitor outlet. Rumors had him going to ABC, or even Sony, giving him ownership in a new show, and syndicating it. Previous post was correct... much more cost effective to put Leno on at 10 PM/5 nights a week. Plus, the perfect storm... many network shows are tanking, and just 48 hours ago, the head of NBC was talking about reducing total hoursof network programming. Have you ever heard the president of a network make a statement like that before? NBC was gonna turn into the CW... and still may... but they're gonna have Leno 5 nights a week. I imagine Conan is less than thrilled about having Leno remain with NBC.

Cpt. m00fin-san

Postby Cpt. m00fin-san » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:22 am

Michael wrote:Leno just isn't funny.

Agreed.
"...this country has never succeeded in moving forward without first cleansing itself of its mistaken past."
-Keith Olbermann

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:52 am

Cpt. m00fin-san, is your avatar supposed to be Keith? I like it!

Leno was funny a looooooooooong time ago. Now I think people watch him out of habit. It was said that they tuned in to Johnny Carson at the end of the day to wind down with someone pleasantly familiar who didn't surprise them or challenge their brains too much. Leno has gotten to be like that. He as much as said so tonight on Countdown!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:58 am

And I hadda laugh when Leno made that crack about Blegojevich's hair. Did you see Leno's???-- it looked like he had a feather duster stuck to his forehead!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Cpt. m00fin-san

Postby Cpt. m00fin-san » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:26 pm

Marie wrote:Cpt. m00fin-san, is your avatar supposed to be Keith? I like it!
-Marie-

Thanks. =D
It's Keith as a Gaia avatar. I made him on tektek.

[Edit] Just got done making one for Rachel. Check it out:

"...this country has never succeeded in moving forward without first cleansing itself of its mistaken past."
-Keith Olbermann

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:40 am

Just saw your postscript -- cute! Except Rachel seems to prefer less flashy footwear.*

You might have been sensing something, though. Did you see the bright cammie peeking out above her lapels the other night? I was amazed! Someone's pushing her to be more adventurous in her attire.

-Marie-
*I'd definitely choose those pink shoes for myself. :-)

dasib01

Postby dasib01 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:54 am

I prefer Letterman to Leno..

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:01 am

Agreed. There's just no comparison. Leno seems played out. Dave is still as sharp as ever!

-Marie-

misslindagene

Postby misslindagene » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:23 pm

Have never understood people preferring Leno to Letterman! Letterman is the best (not including Daily Show or Colbert Report).

Return to “2008”