Is Rachel Smarter Than Keith??

Keith Olbermann Stuff For 2008
Karen'sKeithie

Is Rachel Smarter Than Keith??

Postby Karen'sKeithie » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:31 am

:roll:

Entertainment Weekly seems to think so. They named the smartest people in television and Rachel made the list; Keith was no where in sight.

Idiots. [-X
"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals...These ideals still light the world and we will not give them up for expedience's sake."
GOBAMA!!

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Is Rachel Smarter Than Keith??

Postby Marie » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:54 am

Keith was smart enough to notice Rachel's TV potential and push for her to have her own show in primetime. Does that count?

Also, he graduated from HS -- and consequently from Cornell -- two years early, at age 20, then got hired straight out of college by the country's premier wire service (UPI, prior to its decline and eventual purchase by the Moonies).

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

terryballard

Postby terryballard » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:06 am

Rachel is smarter than everybody.
"Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
The Grateful Dead

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:49 pm

What Michael said about being knowledgeable in different areas -- maybe that's why they don't feel they need to compete with each other. If we're talking raw IQ, tho, I'd say they're about the same level. What they've done with it is way different, but isn't it cool that they look up to each other like they do? It's definitely a mutual admiration society!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Karen'sKeithie

Postby Karen'sKeithie » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:01 pm

Well, I would say Entertainment Weekly wasn't making the comparison, they were just listing Rachel and not Keith and I took umbrage with that. I do think that Keith has a wider world view than Rachel, just by virtue of his age and experience.
I dunno, I guess it's just a matter of taste and opinion.
"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals...These ideals still light the world and we will not give them up for expedience's sake."
GOBAMA!!

goodgirl81

Postby goodgirl81 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:28 pm

I would say that Keith and Rachel are both intelligent. I honesly don't know if one of them is smarter than the other. :grin: To me, they are equal with each other.

Return to “2008”