Countdown 11/25/08

Keith Olbermann Stuff For 2008
Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Countdown 11/25/08

Postby Marie » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:36 pm

Conditional_Id wrote:Keith's pink ties are a particular fave of some of the folks over at the Countdown Diary at dKos. He may just like pink, I don't know. Men's clothes are always somewhat of a mystery anyway...I'm glad I'm a woman. I usually don't pay a whole lot of attention to the way people dress, mostly because I have trouble in the fashion department myself...I needed help from a Carson Kressley when I was working for sure, and now that I'm in my own business, am really lucky I have a type of job where I don't need to "dress for success" or I'd be up a creek without a paddle. Or Sarah Palin's clothing budget.
LOL, when I got addicted to What Not to Wear I found out there are a lot of tricks for dressing fashionably that I wasn't aware of. Like you don't have to have a lot of money -- you just have to know "the rules," as they refer to them.

Thank goodness there are shows like that on TV -- fun and informative.

But getting back to the pink tie, that's somewhat of an anomaly for Keith; in fact it may be the only pink article of clothing that he wears on TV. I can't recall another. But you mention PURPLE, and he has every shade there is. He wears more purple than Prince! And I can see why. The color looks very good on him.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

misslindagene

Postby misslindagene » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:30 am

He looks so good in his green tie!

Conditional_Id

Postby Conditional_Id » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:26 pm

LOL, when I got addicted to What Not to Wear I found out there are a lot of tricks for dressing fashionably that I wasn't aware of. Like you don't have to have a lot of money -- you just have to know "the rules," as they refer to them.

Thank goodness there are shows like that on TV -- fun and informative.

But getting back to the pink tie, that's somewhat of an anomaly for Keith; in fact it may be the only pink article of clothing that he wears on TV. I can't recall another. But you mention PURPLE, and he has every shade there is. He wears more purple than Prince! And I can see why. The color looks very good on him.

I think I got through one or two episodes of what not to wear and realized I'd have to throw out everything I owned. I totally love Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, or did. Is it even still on? Carson would make a great bff.

We had a book in the old days "Dress for Success". I followed that for a while and also that book on whether you were a summer or a winter or so forth...and discovered it all depended on what color I did my hair that week. Yanno, you're right. Keith does look pretty good in purple...I never thought of it. As to ties, he has a couple he wears that he cannot go wrong with, one that has taupe stripes, which he wears with a kind of taupe/brown suit I like him in...and another that is dark (blue? or black?) striped tie he can wear with anything and look good. And MsLinda is right ...the green tie with the brown coat looked pretty good too. Like I said, guys clothes are a mystery.

Now, for total excellence though, George Hamilton appeared on Craig Ferguson the other night, and he had on a suit that was just top quality spectacular, with shirt and tie as well, all to highlight both his complexion and distinguished look. That caught my eye...he's never been one to skimp on himself for sure. My idea of what's handsome in a guy though, generally tends to the rough and tumble look...Lee Marvin, Harrison Ford, my husband...the shots I like best of Keith usually have him in a more casual look (save for one up on your picture gallery in a suit, very professional)...there is one on his Facebook account where he is wearing a brownish sweater ... I thought he looked really good on Martha Stewart, the guy can really wear that casual sweater and slacks look. And, he probably looks just great in jeans and sloppy clothes, which is where I'm at most of the time. Like I said, he's about my polar opposite in a lot of ways.
There are cases where doubt is unreasonable, but there are others where it seems logically impossible. And there seems to be no clear boundary between them. LW/OC/454

Return to “2008”