Keith's On Vacation...

Keith Olbermann Stuff For 2008
NancyB
Spaz

Re: Keith's On Vacation...

Postby NancyB » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:35 am

He usually takes some time off between Christmas and New Years too, right?

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:19 am

Yes. :-(
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

misslindagene

Postby misslindagene » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:48 am

Maybe he'll come back with a ring on his finger!

misslindagene

Postby misslindagene » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:09 am

Think he'll be gone next week too?

Conditional_Id

Postby Conditional_Id » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:39 pm

There probably could not be a Countdown without both interns and writers. The intellectual content of that show is so rich there must be a very good team of people involved. I assume that they would have most of the data available for Keith and/or guest host ready by the time they hit the studio. In all probability, the hosts would then have time to cull through the material and add whatever special touches they wanted before hitting the teleprompter. This week has been interesting in that the material has been top quality and it is apparent Schuster is getting the hang of the delivery. Let's face it, no matter who would guest host, KO would be a "hard act to follow". The show concept is a great one, and Phil G. was right to pull KO in to handle it. There is no one better, IMHO. However, the guy needs vacation (as we all do) so working a guy like Schuster in would be a good idea. Rachel was great, Alison is great (and was great subbing for Rachel). I suspect there are others who also would do a good job.

I have to confess, I don't miss WPITW as bad as I thought I would. I do like the weird segments coming in from around the world, like the tree that looked like Godzilla, or yesterday's guy on a 32 foot surfboard. I completely love the comments that run below the "Countdown to Jan. 20". They are always fun to read, and review the next day (I usually go up to the MSNBC feed, but wish somehow these things could be segmented and run on YouTube...I get some in from various YouTube stations, which I like to put on my own channel).

Anyway, it will be good to have KO back at the helm, when he gets back.
There are cases where doubt is unreasonable, but there are others where it seems logically impossible. And there seems to be no clear boundary between them. LW/OC/454

misslindagene

Postby misslindagene » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:46 pm

Just found out KO was back on last night. Shall never again ](*,) turn my back on David Shuster when he is subbing ](*,)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:23 pm

I saw "Beaker" (Shuster) on my TV, lindagene, so I want to borrow YOUR TV from now on when Keith is on vacation!

You may be thinking of Rachel. She returned to her show last night.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:42 pm

Nope, Keith was not on last night, misslindagene. It was Shuster, all the way. :grin:
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

misslindagene

Postby misslindagene » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:46 pm

Thank you...am not crazy afterall...my friend, who doesn't get cable, told me her neighbor said KO was on last night....I even argued with her...but she checked with her again, and told me I was wrong. Of course, her neigbor is in her 80s!

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:30 pm

KO's voice is about an octave lower than Shuster's!

Btw, if you ever miss a show you can watch it in its entirety over at O.o. -- http://www.olbermann.org/ko/index.cfm?go=Video

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

misslindagene

Postby misslindagene » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:35 pm

Thanks Marie.

Return to “2008”