Arianna Huffington guest hosting for Rachel on Monday's show

Keith Olbermann Stuff For 2008
MrsData

Arianna Huffington guest hosting for Rachel on Monday's show

Postby MrsData » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:43 am

Just in case you guys didn't know :grin: Now you do.

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Re: Arianna Huffington guest hosting for Rachel on Monday's show

Postby Slfriend79 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:55 am

Thanks for the 'Heads Up' [smilie=pdt_piratz_20.gif] , now I can watch something else that night. [smilie=pdt_piratz_19.gif]

No offence to Arianna :oops: , I really like her :grin: , but I can only take so much of her voice :-( ...After awhile it starts to grate on my nerves. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_29
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Interesting choice. I'm curious to see how she does.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

MrsData

Postby MrsData » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:43 pm

From Arianna/huffpo
Thank you for all of your great suggestions for tonight's Rachel Maddow show, which I'll be guest hosting. They've been incredible and, as you can see from the emerging lineup, we're listening: Google CEO Eric Schmidt will join me to discuss the ways Obama can harness the Internet to make his administration more transparent, more participatory, and more effective. Bill Maher will talk about what effect an Obama White House might have on political satire. Newark mayor Cory Booker will weigh in on the impact the economic crisis is having on America's inner cities. And FiveThirtyEight.com's Nate Silver will crunch the latest numbers in the Alaska, Georgia, and Minnesota Senate races. We are still pulling together the rest of the show, so keep your suggestions coming -- and be sure to tune in tonight at 9 pm on

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Can you say G*d damn on regular television without getting bleeped, cause Maher just did and it wasn't bleeped. :lol:
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

MrsData

Postby MrsData » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:17 pm

Well, I honestly don't know. On some cable stations it's bleeped out but on others it's not. I mean, Keith did a bit about the SNL skit Dick in A Box and the girl who sang Box in a Box said dick and it wasn't bleeped on the live airing and the rerun.

FairAndOrBalanced

Postby FairAndOrBalanced » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:20 pm

SusieQ wrote:Can you say G*d damn on regular television without getting bleeped, cause Maher just did and it wasn't bleeped. :lol:

Yep .. same rules don't apply to non-network tv. That's why mornin Joe didn't have the hammer come down on him. Sadly this is one of the first times I did not
watch or record Countdown so I guess Keith's the reason for it's success. Arianna's doing an ok job but she's not Rachael either.

MrsData

Postby MrsData » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:23 pm

Keith wasn't on Countdown tonight, he had the night off like Rachel. The bit I was talking about was last year.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:39 pm

I do love the way Arianna says Prrrrrresident BOOSH. :grin:

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

MrsData

Postby MrsData » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:48 pm

And Connecticut :lol:

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:14 am

She was taking special pains to enunciate tonight. It slowed the whole thing down as a result but was sort of charming. Maybe it was the fact that Rachel asked me to "Stick around and listen to my friend" that made me receptive, or maybe I just like to see what unlikely hosts will do with a familiar format.

-Marie-

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:20 am

I'm glad I stuck around until the end. She spoke about Marian Robinson being the first grandma in the White House and what it would mean to the Obama family to have her there. She also paid tribute to her own mother. She was much more animated and into it (the broadcast) by then. She's still no Rachel, but she tried.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

stretchdogg

Postby stretchdogg » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:02 pm

unwatchable. have fun if you get a whole week of her.

Return to “2008”