Blogging Countdown 12/14 Worst Person In The World

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2006 (2005 was accidently deleted)
Trekkie

Postby Trekkie » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:42 pm

brooklynbilly wrote:Slfriend-You're making a big deal out of nothing,her name is on Wikipedia for heaven's sake.I think Fox is performing a public service in exposing the double standard surrounding these cases.Those students have as much right to anonymity as does the accuser.False accusations of rape are not unknown.

No, it does a public disservice because many rape and sexual assualt incidents that are real will never be reported because the victim does not want to be identified in the media as a victim. That's why several states have laws that make it a crime to disclose the name of a sexual assault victim while the criminal case is ongoing - they want to deter it.

Apparently, North Carolina does not have such a law.
Tenth Doctor:
"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up." - Forest Of The Dead

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - Blink

brooklynbilly

Postby brooklynbilly » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:47 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:
We do not yet know if her accusations are actually false. Lack of DNA does not a false accusation make..

They found DNA from three men,none of it from the defendants.

It is like putting Paris Hilton and "role model for all women" in the same sentence...

I wish more women were like Paris Hilton.You're only young once.

Keyser Soze

Postby Keyser Soze » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:23 pm

brooklynbilly wrote: I wish more women were like Paris Hilton.You're only young once.

Being a woman, I find that statement rather offensive.

Again, the absence of DNA does not discount her allegations. There is more to rape than penetration with a penis. We don't know all the specifics about this, so we shouldn't judge either way.
Simplicity is the key to brilliance - Bruce Lee

the roser

Postby the roser » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:28 pm

brooklynbilly wrote:Slfriend-You're making a big deal out of nothing,her name is on Wikipedia for heaven's sake.I think Fox is performing a public service in exposing the double standard surrounding these cases.Those students have as much right to anonymity as does the accuser.False accusations of rape are not unknown.

The name of the accused must be revealed in these cases in case there are other victims. If they see their rapist on TV accussed of raping someone else, they will be more likely to step forward. This case is an exeptional case and it would be a mistake to make policy decisions based on it. When this case is finally dropped I'm sure this woman will be publically villified to your satisfaction, but the idea of a "double standard" is absurd.

Shellysdc

Postby Shellysdc » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:41 pm

That statement (by bb) alone is not only offensive, but look at the bigger picture. Now I'm hearing on the news that the accuser is pregnant, so this will drag this terrible situation on even longer. Now a baby is involved, not of his/her own volition. I agree that this case will go away eventually, and if the accuser is smart she'll disappear and get some much needed counseling. Or, if she really wants to be an example for all victims not to be afraid and report on what has happened to them, then by all means she ought to revel herself. I've seen other assault victims do it, but only as a means of preventing it from happening to another woman. So your statement, Roser, is on point. The only way to stop this type of crime from being commited is to speak up and tell someone, no matter the cost of privacy and reputation.

Trekkie

Postby Trekkie » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:37 am

I agree with you, but I just want to point out there is a difference between voluntarily revealing your identity and having your identity revealed without your consent.
Tenth Doctor:
"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up." - Forest Of The Dead

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - Blink

the roser

Postby the roser » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:43 am

I wish more women were like Paris Hilton.You're only young once.

Young= Slutty, vacuous, irresponsible. Another look into billy's twisted soul. Paris is filthy rich; therefore her mistakes have no consequences. She is a terrible role model for average girls. Being young does not mean abandoning your dignity.

brooklynbilly

Postby brooklynbilly » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:05 am

Lighten up roser it's Christmastime.You take yourself just a little too seriously.

OlbermannBuiltMyHotRod

Postby OlbermannBuiltMyHotRod » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:23 pm

no, sometimes he just makes the mistake of taking your ridiculous bait.
HotRod: "they're real, and they're spectacular"

...every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

- Semisonic/Closing Time

the roser

Postby the roser » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:56 pm

brooklynbilly wrote:Lighten up roser it's Christmastime.You take yourself just a little too seriously.

Haven't you heard? I AM AT WAR WITH CHRISTMAS AND WILL NOT REST UNTIL IT IS DESTROYED.

[img]http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2003-12/10670851.jpg[/img]

CRYING WON'T SAVE YOU!!!!

the roser

Postby the roser » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:25 pm

Excellent!

[img]http://members.lycos.nl/sweezzzie/hpbimg/evil%20santa!!.jpg[/img]

brooklynbilly

Postby brooklynbilly » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:12 am

roser opined about Paris Hilton:

Young= Slutty, vacuous, irresponsible. Another look into billy's twisted soul. Paris is filthy rich; therefore her mistakes have no consequences. She is a terrible role model for average girls. Being young does not mean abandoning your dignity.

The "real" Paris Hilton said,“I would rather just make out and kiss someone instead of sex.”
And then she said,"Sex is sacred. People shouldn’t have sex unless they’re in an exclusive relationship anyway. I’d rather not do anything. Guys want you more when you don’t do it! Young girls should know that.”

Maybe we could get her to run for office on a Republican ticket.

the roser

Postby the roser » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:11 pm

brooklynbilly wrote:
Maybe we could get her to run for office on a Republican ticket.

You're right, she apparently has no problem lying. Haven't seen the video I take it?

brooklynbilly

Postby brooklynbilly » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:27 pm

roser wrote:
You're right, she apparently has no problem lying

I can tell you one thing,a modern day Diogenes would have little luck in Washington.

SusieQ
Site Admin

Postby SusieQ » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:51 pm

You have floored me with your last comment, bb. What in the world does that have to do with Paris Hilton? Believe me, she does not deny herself anything.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
-John Kenneth Galbraith

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs, who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Return to “2006”