Blogging Countdown 12/13 #5b: Doubling Down With Dubya

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2006 (2005 was accidently deleted)
Trekkie

Blogging Countdown 12/13 #5b: Doubling Down With Dubya

Postby Trekkie » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:14 pm

President Bush is leaning towards sending another 35,000 troops into Iraq as a training force for the Iraqi police. At the same time, the Pentagon is drawing up plans that would force the Iraqi government to try and gain control of some of the Shi'ite militias.

Richard Wolffe joins Keith.
Last edited by Trekkie on Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tenth Doctor:
"I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up." - Forest Of The Dead

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - Blink

Keyser Soze

Postby Keyser Soze » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:12 am

Bush doesn't want to be rushed. The Decider can't decide so he'll allow more troops and Iraqis to die. The Times poll is clear. Don't send more troops and set a clear, FIXED, timeline for us to get out. Sigh...

Dude, admit you were wrong and bloody resign... Take Dick with you. Just leave.
Simplicity is the key to brilliance - Bruce Lee

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:00 am

GWB is out of touch with reality. :tin
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Quanlin

Postby Quanlin » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:23 am

I was watching Meet the Press the other day. They were discussing the Iraq Study Group report. The experts pretty much agreed that the way to save face was to up the troop deployment another 20,000 to 30,000 for the next six months or so, and really saturate the situation, and if that doesn't turn it around, blame Iraq for Iraq and do a complete pullout at that point.
-q

Christine

Postby Christine » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:45 am

Hitler didn't think the Nazis were losing the war at the end of WWII either.
We must scrupulously guard the civil rights and civil liberties of all citizens, whatever their background. We must remember that any oppression, any injustice, any hatred is a wedge designed to attack our civilization.

President Franklin D Roosevelt

King George

Postby King George » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:48 am

It is just sad that so many more people are going to die before we finally get out of that God forsaken quagmire. I just hope that whoever is elected president in 2008 is a grownup who lives in reality istead of his own fantasy world.
"The future does not belong to those who are content with today, apathetic toward common problems and their fellow man alike, timid and fearful in the face of bold projects and new ideas. Rather, it will belong to those who can blend passion, reason and courage in a personal commitment to the great enterprises and ideals of American society."~Robert F. Kennedy

OlbermannBuiltMyHotRod

Postby OlbermannBuiltMyHotRod » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:53 am

he needs to do something, and he needs to do it NOW. he'd be hard pressed to make things worse at this point. it's not like we can't continue to change our methods. if at first you don't succeed...still, "The Decider" can't be rushed. personally, i think the job is much more than he can handle and that all this thinking is taking a toll, making that presenile dementia (which, the more i see of him, the more i believe he really does have) worse.

do something NOW, you idiot!
HotRod: "they're real, and they're spectacular"

...every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

- Semisonic/Closing Time

Christine

Postby Christine » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:01 pm

And the sad thing is that he will not admit he was wrong and move to get the troops out of Iraq.
We must scrupulously guard the civil rights and civil liberties of all citizens, whatever their background. We must remember that any oppression, any injustice, any hatred is a wedge designed to attack our civilization.

Keyser Soze

Postby Keyser Soze » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:23 pm

Oh Dear...

Laura Bush is blaming the low poll numbers on the media only showing the bad stuff. She's asking for "balance." :boink :boink :boink
Simplicity is the key to brilliance - Bruce Lee

Slfriend79
Site Admin

Postby Slfriend79 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:43 pm

Oh Joy :roll: ...The 'Stepford Wife' has chimed in. [smilie=pdt_piratz_16.gif]

Her handlers need to back off her Meds. [-X
"Laugh hard, run fast, be kind." - Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor (Twice Upon A Time)

Christine

Postby Christine » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:17 pm

I know now that laura is as dumb as her husband!

Return to “2006”