Substitute Worst Person in the World Dec. 18

Keith Olbermann Stuff From 2007 and Earlier
Early Blake

Substitute Worst Person in the World Dec. 18

Postby Early Blake » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:03 am

Substitute worst person in the world's list, December 18, 2007, culled from the Huffington Post.

Worse: Imus for being back to his old tricks:

SEVERIN: …The Huckabee surge in Iowa is attributable to a singe factor, and that is Iowa is unique in that the largest group of Republican voters, the largest discernible group of Republican voters in Iowa are self-described evangelical Christians.

IMUS: Why don't you like Huckabee? Because you're gay, or what?

McCORD: Oh, come on, what the hell was that?

RUFINO: What is that?

McCORD: Where did that come from? Jeez.

IMUS: I don't know.

RUFINO: Stand by for the drive-by.

IMUS: Charles made -- Charles made --

McCORD: Oh God.

SEVERIN: I would like to make another admission on the Imus in the Morning program. I am, I am very happy, yes. And no, I would think that would make me -- I would think that would make me like Huckabee, think a little different than what I see of this guy.

IMUS: Here's what you have to wonder, is here I am picking on poor Jay Severin, who couldn't be more loyal to me --

McCORD: No.

IMUS: -- unless he were Sean Hannity, who was magnificent in his support of me, and I don't know why I'm being mean to you. But, so I apologize.

SEVERIN: I knew I wasn't calling into, you know, C-SPAN.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200712130003

I really hope this black cohost bull shit doesn't work for Imus. Sadly, it's it has seemed to work for Howard Stern.

Worser: Blackwater for shooting the New York Times dog in Iraq.
Staff at the newspaper's Baghdad bureau said Blackwater bodyguards shot Hentish dead last week before a visit by a U.S. diplomat to the Times compound.

Blackwater spokeswoman Anne Tyrrell said the dog had attacked one of Blackwater's bomb-sniffer dogs while a security team was sweeping the compound for explosives.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/ ... 22&sp=true

Worst: Rush Limbaugh and the Drudge Report:
Today, the Drudge Report featured a not-so-flattering picture of Hillary Clinton with the screaming headline "THE TOLL OF A CAMPAIGN." Clinton, who turned 60 in October, has been traveling around Iowa and this morning hit up all six morning shows as part of a media blitz now that her campaign there has entered panic mode.

On his radio show today, Rush Limbaugh asked, "Does our looks obsessed culture want to stare at an aging woman?" In his own words:
There is this thing in this country that, as you age -- and this is particularly, you know, women are hardest hit on this, and particularly in Hollywood -- America loses interest in you, and we know this is true because we constantly hear from aging actresses, who lament that they can't get decent roles anymore, other than in supporting roles that will not lead to any direct impact, yay or nay, in the box office. While Hollywood box-office receipts may be stagnant, none of that changes the fact that this is a country obsessed with appearance. It's a country obsessed with looks. The number of people in public life who appear on television or on the big screen, who are content to be who they are, you can probably count on one hand. Everybody's trying to make themselves look different -- and in that situation, in that case, they think they're making themselves look better. It's just the way our culture has evolved. It's the way the country is. It's like almost an addiction that some people have to what I call the perfection that Hollywood presents of successful, beautiful, fun-loving people. So the question is this: Will this country want to actually watch a woman get older before their eyes on a daily basis?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/12/1 ... 2#comments

The picture looks photoshoped to me.

oldladyinashoe

Re: Substitute Worst Person in the World Dec. 18

Postby oldladyinashoe » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:27 pm

Okay, crazy animal person here - Blackwater shot a dog? What, was he brandishing an RPG at a bomb-sniffer dog? Threatening them with sniper fire? Shouting (or barking) epithets at them from afar? Or just doing what dogs do, defending his territory? Granted, the NYT should have tied him up or put him away, but that dog handler should know that a dog will defend "his" turf, and should have told someone to take him away. For cryin' out loud, how many bodies does Blackwater want to stack up, human and animal, before they give it a rest? Or better yet, face some consequences for what they've done? Sheesh.

As for Rush Limbaugh, maybe he oughta take a look in the mirror before he comments on anyone's looks.

Return to “2007”