Don't confuse Hurricane Matthew w/Chris Matthews

Anything Progressive, Radio or Television: Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, The Daily Show ,The Colbert Report, Real Time, Bill Maher
Marie
Certified Fan

Don't confuse Hurricane Matthew w/Chris Matthews

Postby Marie » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:28 pm

Just b/c of their record breaking wind component. In fact I wish Chris would say something about the following in his "Let Me Finish" segment --

Matt Drudge tweets:
The deplorables are starting to wonder if govt has been lying to them about Hurricane Matthew intensity to make exaggerated point on climate.

-Marie-
PS, everybody please stay safe if you're in the path of this monster storm!
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

PhilbertReturns

Re: Don't confuse Hurricane Matthew w/Chris Matthews

Postby PhilbertReturns » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:22 pm

Marie wrote:Just b/c of their record breaking wind component. In fact I wish Chris would say something about the following in his "Let Me Finish" segment --

Matt Drudge tweets:
The deplorables are starting to wonder if govt has been lying to them about Hurricane Matthew intensity to make exaggerated point on climate.

-Marie-
PS, everybody please stay safe if you're in the path of this monster storm!

Didn't turn out to be that bad...although in the end NC got it worse than most places. Charlotte had two days of rain and a bit of wind Saturday night but for the most part rode out the storm easily enough. The Fayetteville area got hammered though.
"That's why I do. I drink...and I knowthings."

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:43 am

We rented a house for a week in Outer Banks NC in September for my son's beach wedding. I took out event insurance since it was hurricane season, but it was beautiful. What a difference a couple of weeks makes! I've seen video footage posted showing the roads and businesses flooded in the area where we stayed in Nags Head, Kitty Hawk, and Kill Devil Hills. :-( Yikes!
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:10 am

Deja, congratulations and best wishes to your family on your son's wedding!

To you and Philbert, it was a surprise to see this storm turn deadly after so many days since the start. They always say to ignore the category, that wind speed is not necessarily the only aspect to worry about, and it appears that's really being demonstrated in the way the storm is affecting people. :-(

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

PhilbertReturns

Postby PhilbertReturns » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:44 pm

Marie wrote:Deja, congratulations and best wishes to your family on your son's wedding!

To you and Philbert, it was a surprise to see this storm turn deadly after so many days since the start. They always say to ignore the category, that wind speed is not necessarily the only aspect to worry about, and it appears that's really being demonstrated in the way the storm is affecting people. :-(

-Marie-

What made it ugly was the amount of rain it dropped. The last week in September had seen large rainfalls already, dropping as much as a foot in many places in a couple of days. When Matthew moved up the NC coast, it dropped a huge amount of rain in already saturated lowlands like Fayetteville, Lumberton, etc. The area between Raleigh and the Outer Banks has a lot of swampland to begin with.

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:00 am

PhilbertReturns wrote:
Marie wrote:Deja, congratulations and best wishes to your family on your son's wedding!

What made it ugly was the amount of rain it dropped. The last week in September had seen large rainfalls already, dropping as much as a foot in many places in a couple of days. When Matthew moved up the NC coast, it dropped a huge amount of rain in already saturated lowlands like Fayetteville, Lumberton, etc. The area between Raleigh and the Outer Banks has a lot of swampland to begin with.

All that rain -- plus Al Gore spoke today of "sunny day flooding." Tides bringing water into low-lying areas because of the rising sea level.

It's so pretty down there; I can understand why people stay. But each year these storms seem to break previous records... do you notice any growing desire on the part of residents to relocate?

-Marie-

PhilbertReturns

Postby PhilbertReturns » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:55 pm

Marie wrote:It's so pretty down there; I can understand why people stay. But each year these storms seem to break previous records... do you notice any growing desire on the part of residents to relocate?

-Marie-

Well not where I live no. My uncle lives down on the SC coast and he apparently is moving...to Florida. So I don't know what that means.

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:54 am

PhilbertReturns wrote: My uncle lives down on the SC coast and he apparently is moving...to Florida. So I don't know what that means.

Out of the frying pan, into the Panhandle?

-Marie-

PhilbertReturns

Postby PhilbertReturns » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:59 pm

Marie wrote:
PhilbertReturns wrote: My uncle lives down on the SC coast and he apparently is moving...to Florida. So I don't know what that means.

Out of the frying pan, into the Panhandle?

-Marie-

HA. Good one.

-Tyrion Lannister

"Game of Thrones"

Return to “Progressive Media”