Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Anything Progressive, Radio or Television: Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, The Daily Show ,The Colbert Report, Real Time, Bill Maher
CandyCanes
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:13 pm

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby CandyCanes » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:15 pm

Wow, didn't know that. I was hoping the Cornell Democrats (which I'm in) could get him to debate Coulter or Cupp as an alumni event.

Also, I hope Krystal comes too, but not likely since she isn't an alumni.

CandyCanes
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:13 pm

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby CandyCanes » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:18 pm

Also, do you live in Ithaca or something?

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31857
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby Marie » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:30 pm

CandyCanes wrote:Also, do you live in Ithaca or something?

No, we actually drove from Columbus to Ithaca, saw the show, and drove back that same night! (See posts on this thread, incl. my report :-)

Some beautiful country in upstate NY, even in March.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

User avatar
dejapig
Site Admin
Posts: 6773
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Houston & Phoenix

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby dejapig » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:35 am

Nice to see you back here, CandyCanes! :wave
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

User avatar
RareBird
Certified Fan
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:44 am

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby RareBird » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Krystal Ball is glowing.

dnkoa
Posts: 2024
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:05 am

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby dnkoa » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Cupp was on Realtime. I can't stand her. She's a whiny troll.

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31857
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby Marie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:48 pm

dnkoa wrote:Cupp was on Realtime. I can't stand her. She's a whiny troll.

The only good thoughts I've had of her were on the day after the election, when she took a lot of teasing from the other members of "The Cycle" with good humor. The first image we saw on that broadcast, in fact, was the face of S.E., bawling piteously, like Lucy Ricardo, over her party's loss. She was a good sport. I still don't like her, but I have to give her that.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

User avatar
RareBird
Certified Fan
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:44 am

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby RareBird » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:36 pm

dnkoa wrote:Cupp was on Realtime. I can't stand her. She's a whiny troll.



Oh man, she was insufferable. Andrew Sullivan hit a home run when he said Limbaugh is not the voice of the GOP and republicans need to clean out the hate influence in Fox "News" or words to that effect. Immediately without the hint of a thought she was retaliating against him with some come back about "free speech". He hit the nail right on the head what would help the republicans return to being something other than the victimized white supremacist and it went over her head faster than Sullivan could finish his sentence. She is a twat. Sorry.

User avatar
proudliberal
Posts: 3547
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:12 pm
Location: Deep Red South, but hopefully not for long.

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby proudliberal » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Cupp is the main reason why I won't watch "The Cycle". She actually belongs on Faux News, not on a real news network like MSNBC.
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

User avatar
RareBird
Certified Fan
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:44 am

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby RareBird » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:13 pm

proudliberal wrote:Cupp is the main reason why I won't watch "The Cycle". She actually belongs on Faux News, not on a real news network like MSNBC.



Exactly making that very decision at this moment. She's a born snot box. I turned on the last few min of the Cycle yesterday to watch what I thought would be Bashir. Toure did some little thing using the Twilight Zone theme and then passed it over to Michael Eric Dyson sitting in for Bashir. I'm not a fan of Dyson myself--too much brother swagger jive for my sensibility but she sat there looking so revolted while everyone else had a professional smile that's just standard fare for those kinds of transitions personal feelings aside. She really looked like she was staring daggers.

CandyCanes
Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:13 pm

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby CandyCanes » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:30 am

Did anyone see Kornacki yelling at Cupp today on the Cycle? Guess he finally got fed up and lost his temper.

Also, does anyone else get the impression that Lawrence has a crush on Krystal or something? She's on his show more than 50% of the time and it almost feels like he's flirting with her.

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31857
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby Marie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:54 am

Well, unless the fact that Tweety has David Corn on every day means he's flirting with him...

No, I don't believe so. One recent change on MSNBC that I don't care for is the way each host appears to have been assigned his or her designated regular contributors and they keep the same ones, night after night. So if you tune in Lawrence, you never hear Tweety's contributors, and vice versa. It's gets kinda boring.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

User avatar
proudliberal
Posts: 3547
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:12 pm
Location: Deep Red South, but hopefully not for long.

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby proudliberal » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:59 pm

CandyCanes wrote:Also, does anyone else get the impression that Lawrence has a crush on Krystal or something? She's on his show more than 50% of the time and it almost feels like he's flirting with her.


I haven't gotten the feeling that he flirts with her, but she seems to flirt with him a bit. Or maybe it's just her mannerisms that make it look that way.

Marie wrote:Well, unless the fact that Tweety has David Corn on every day means he's flirting with him...

No, I don't believe so. One recent change on MSNBC that I don't care for is the way each host appears to have been assigned his or her designated regular contributors and they keep the same ones, night after night. So if you tune in Lawrence, you never hear Tweety's contributors, and vice versa. It's gets kinda boring.

-Marie-


Hadn't heard that the network now tells the hosts who they can have as contributors. I guess that explains why Rachel doesn't have Kent Jones on there anymore. I really miss the segments he used to do on her show. Sometimes humor is very much needed at the end of the night!

I can just imagine the battles Keith would be having with the new bosses over this one, if he were still there! I know he liked to have control over his show's content, and I imagine that would extend to contributors as well.
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

User avatar
Marie
Certified Fan
Posts: 31857
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 pm
Location: In front of my computer

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby Marie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:20 pm

proudliberal wrote:
Marie wrote:No, I don't believe so. One recent change on MSNBC that I don't care for is the way each host appears to have been assigned his or her designated regular contributors and they keep the same ones, night after night. So if you tune in Lawrence, you never hear Tweety's contributors, and vice versa. It's gets kinda boring.

Hadn't heard that the network now tells the hosts who they can have as contributors. I guess that explains why Rachel doesn't have Kent Jones on there anymore. I really miss the segments he used to do on her show. Sometimes humor is very much needed at the end of the night!

I can just imagine the battles Keith would be having with the new bosses over this one, if he were still there! I know he liked to have control over his show's content, and I imagine that would extend to contributors as well.

Now bear in mind, that's just an impression I get from the fact that contributors don't seem to cross over very much any more. I find it limiting b/c some contributors are good on certain issues AND B/C CHRIS SEEMS ONLY TO KEEP DAVID CORN AROUND SO HE CAN SAY TO THE LEFTIE, "I THINK YOU'RE WRONG, DAVID," SO HE CAN APPEAR CENTRIST. >:

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012


Image

User avatar
proudliberal
Posts: 3547
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:12 pm
Location: Deep Red South, but hopefully not for long.

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby proudliberal » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Marie wrote:
proudliberal wrote:
Marie wrote:No, I don't believe so. One recent change on MSNBC that I don't care for is the way each host appears to have been assigned his or her designated regular contributors and they keep the same ones, night after night. So if you tune in Lawrence, you never hear Tweety's contributors, and vice versa. It's gets kinda boring.

Hadn't heard that the network now tells the hosts who they can have as contributors. I guess that explains why Rachel doesn't have Kent Jones on there anymore. I really miss the segments he used to do on her show. Sometimes humor is very much needed at the end of the night!

I can just imagine the battles Keith would be having with the new bosses over this one, if he were still there! I know he liked to have control over his show's content, and I imagine that would extend to contributors as well.

Now bear in mind, that's just an impression I get from the fact that contributors don't seem to cross over very much any more. I find it limiting b/c some contributors are good on certain issues AND B/C CHRIS SEEMS ONLY TO KEEP DAVID CORN AROUND SO HE CAN SAY TO THE LEFTIE, "I THINK YOU'RE WRONG, DAVID," SO HE CAN APPEAR CENTRIST. >:

-Marie-


I wish they would cross over more. I also wish they'd use different contributors once in a while. I'm wondering if Comcast is trying to save money by keeping certain ones on retainer and having the hosts choose from that list, instead of letting the hosts go out and get experts on their own.
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.


Return to “Progressive Media”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests