Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Anything Progressive, Radio or Television: Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, The Daily Show ,The Colbert Report, Real Time, Bill Maher
dejapig
Site Admin

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby dejapig » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:57 pm

Welcome to the forum, dandelion28! :wave
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

RareBird
Certified Fan

Postby RareBird » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:51 pm

Oh, you people just :censor:

I love me some Krystal.

dandelion28

Postby dandelion28 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:04 pm

dejapig wrote:Welcome to the forum, dandelion28! :wave

Thank you. I'm glad to find it!

CandyCanes

Postby CandyCanes » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:16 pm

What's wrong with her voice/accent? She's probably my favorite MSNBC analyst. I watch "The Cycle" every day and she's usually on Lawrence, too.

scifibird
Certified Fan

Postby scifibird » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:24 pm

I have always liked Krystal. The only thing that keeps me from watching The Cycle regularly is S.E. Cupp. I cannot stand her!

Linda

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:55 pm

CandyCanes wrote:What's wrong with her voice/accent? She's probably my favorite MSNBC analyst. I watch "The Cycle" every day and she's usually on Lawrence, too.

Hey, we haven't seen you for a while!

Krystal's too nasal -- not Fran Drescher nasal, but that annoying fashionable nasality that you hear a lot of young women speaking in these days. They cultivate it!

Near the other end of the continuum is the melodious voice of a Rachel Maddow. In between the two is Alex Wagner, who's another favorite of mine.

Don't get me wrong, I think Krystal is wicked smart and I always pay attention to what she says. Voices are a big deal for me, but not a deal BREAKER. I just wish there were voice coaches at networks like the old studio system used to employ, to make these younger women more presentable aurally.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:58 pm

scifibird wrote:I have always liked Krystal. The only thing that keeps me from watching The Cycle regularly is S.E. Cupp. I cannot stand her!

Linda

She's a complete blank. I think she's there to balance the panel, but I have to say it does seem somewhat devious of the network to choose a really vacant individual to represent conservative women, LOL.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Cupp is awful. She acts like she's some hip young politico, but she's a prematurely rotten ideologue. Every bit as bad as Limpballs or Breitbarf.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:30 pm

dnkoa wrote:Cupp is awful. She acts like she's some hip young politico, but she's a prematurely rotten ideologue. Every bit as bad as Limpballs or Breitbarf.

I'm pretty sure she was a Breitbart acolyte. She and Keith have sparred on Twitter a couple of times, but it hasn't been much of a contest.

-Marie-

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Marie wrote:
dnkoa wrote:Cupp is awful. She acts like she's some hip young politico, but she's a prematurely rotten ideologue. Every bit as bad as Limpballs or Breitbarf.

I'm pretty sure she was a Breitbart acolyte. She and Keith have sparred on Twitter a couple of times, but it hasn't been much of a contest.

-Marie-

In their battle of wits, Keith was fighting an unarmed opponent.
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

CandyCanes

Postby CandyCanes » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:42 am

Marie wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:What's wrong with her voice/accent? She's probably my favorite MSNBC analyst. I watch "The Cycle" every day and she's usually on Lawrence, too.

Krystal's too nasal -- not Fran Drescher nasal, but that annoying fashionable nasality that you hear a lot of young women speaking in these days. They cultivate it!

Near the other end of the continuum is the melodious voice of a Rachel Maddow. In between the two is Alex Wagner, who's another favorite of mine.

Don't get me wrong, I think Krystal is wicked smart and I always pay attention to what she says. Voices are a big deal for me, but not a deal BREAKER. I just wish there were voice coaches at networks like the old studio system used to employ, to make these younger women more presentable aurally.

-Marie-

Eh. I personally think her voice is endearing, but that might be because I'm only 18.

An example of an annoying voice is S.E. Cupp's. She seriously sounds like a croaking frog. And she's completely idiotic on top of it. I watch "The Cycle" every day, but I've been hoping that they fire Cupp. The other three hosts are great, Krystal especially. It would just be so much better without Cupp, who incidentally went to the same school as both Keith and I (Cornell).

I haven't posted here in a long time mainly because Ketih is no longer on the air, so it's kind of silly to post on a site which talks about his show. Also, because there's not much activity on here. I'd rather just comment on news stories. I've yet to find a good political forum aside from Democratic Underground, which has a forum format which I don't like.

Since I last posted here, I wound up getting into Cornell University. I'm currently a freshman Government and Economics major with minors in Inequality and Business. It's kind of cool to know that I go to the same school as Keith did.

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:49 am

Congratulations on your education indeed, you should be proud of yourself.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:49 am

CandyCanes wrote:
Marie wrote:

Eh. I personally think her voice is endearing, but that might be because I'm only 18.

An example of an annoying voice is S.E. Cupp's. She seriously sounds like a croaking frog. And she's completely idiotic on top of it. I watch "The Cycle" every day, but I've been hoping that they fire Cupp. The other three hosts are great, Krystal especially. It would just be so much better without Cupp, who incidentally went to the same school as both Keith and I (Cornell).

I haven't posted here in a long time mainly because Ketih is no longer on the air, so it's kind of silly to post on a site which talks about his show. Also, because there's not much activity on here. I'd rather just comment on news stories. I've yet to find a good political forum aside from Democratic Underground, which has a forum format which I don't like.

Since I last posted here, I wound up getting into Cornell University. I'm currently a freshman Government and Economics major with minors in Inequality and Business. It's kind of cool to know that I go to the same school as Keith did.

Congratulations on getting into the School of Schools! (yeah, Cupp & Coultergeist went there too, but Cornell is liberal, they always think there's hope :-)

We have great political discussions here all the time! Invite your friends!

-Marie-

CandyCanes

Postby CandyCanes » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Eh. I wasn't too happy about it at first. I was aiming for Princeton. Realistically speaking, Cornell is at least a notch or two down.

But oh well. It is a great place. Howard Dean debated Rick Santorum two weeks ago. It was hilarious. Santorum compared the Obama Administration to the French Revolution and said that bad things happen when we forget that our rights come from God, and not the government...

Also saw Charles Blow, Doug Usher, and Sandra Fluke. Sandra answered my question on Rush Limbaugh in a very classy manner.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:29 pm

CandyCanes wrote:Eh. I wasn't too happy about it at first. I was aiming for Princeton. Realistically speaking, Cornell is at least a notch or two down.

But oh well. It is a great place. Howard Dean debated Rick Santorum two weeks ago. It was hilarious. Santorum compared the Obama Administration to the French Revolution and said that bad things happen when we forget that our rights come from God, and not the government...

Also saw Charles Blow, Doug Usher, and Sandra Fluke. Sandra answered my question on Rush Limbaugh in a very classy manner.

Also, Keith comes back for alumni day, so you might get to see him, too! (I saw him there at Baily Hall in 3/2011, and he was terrific!)

-Marie-

Return to “Progressive Media”