Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Anything Progressive, Radio or Television: Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, The Daily Show ,The Colbert Report, Real Time, Bill Maher
proudliberal

Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby proudliberal » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:19 pm

She seems very intelligent and well-informed; but everytime she laughs, it sounds extremely forced, and she always seems like she's flirting with practically every guy in the room. I just find her annoying and unprofessional (and sometimes even painful to watch).
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Does anybody else find Krystal Ball annoying?

Postby Marie » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:31 am

She's girly, that's for sure. Maybe it's what bolsters her confidence, but she should stop it if she wants to progress. Her name is enough of a professional roadblock as it is!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Marie wrote:She's girly, that's for sure. Maybe it's what bolsters her confidence, but she should stop it if she wants to progress. Her name is enough of a professional roadblock as it is!

-Marie-

Agree about the name (though sometimes an odd name can actually help by getting people's attention)! :lol:
Necessity is the mother of invention. We don't know who the father is, because Necessity gets around alot.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:06 pm

proudliberal wrote:
Marie wrote:She's girly, that's for sure. Maybe it's what bolsters her confidence, but she should stop it if she wants to progress. Her name is enough of a professional roadblock as it is!

Agree about the name (though sometimes an odd name can actually help by getting people's attention)! :lol:

I was imagining the announcer saying, "And now, the Nightly News with Krystal Ball."

People would be expecting to see this: :grin:

"Brought to you by Sears [seers]." <---husband added this!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:16 pm

:lol: I've noticed the flirty body language too. Whenever she's live in the studio, she's always touching biceps.

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Marie wrote:
proudliberal wrote:

I was imagining the announcer saying, "And now, the Nightly News with Krystal Ball."

People would be expecting to see this: :grin:

"Brought to you by Sears [seers]." <---husband added this!

-Marie-

:lol:

Any chance of getting the winning PowerBall numbers on that thing? :grin:

RareBird
Certified Fan

Postby RareBird » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:04 pm

She's grown on me. I'd definitely hit that. (But beside that, I like that she's forceful when facing the political opposition and doesn't shrink. It's perfectly fine that she's "girly" IMO.). "Krystal Ball" though--can you imagine trying to be anything but a comedian with that name? It was made for Hollywood Squares--Krystal Ball for the block (and you'd expect her to look like Kaye Ballard or someone like that).

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 pm

RareBird wrote:She's grown on me. I'd definitely hit that. (But beside that, I like that she's forceful when facing the political opposition and doesn't shrink. It's perfectly fine that she's "girly" IMO.). "Krystal Ball" though--can you imagine trying to be anything but a comedian with that name? It was made for Hollywood Squares--Krystal Ball for the block (and you'd expect her to look like Kaye Ballard or someone like that).

You'd "definitely hit that"? If by that you mean try to score with her, you're proving my point. Her "flirting" takes away from her seriousness as a contributor and commentator, to the point that some people might start to question her qualifications (not to mention how she got the job, if you get my meaning). I would hate to see that happen, especially since, as I mentioned before, she seems to be very intelligent and well-informed.

RareBird
Certified Fan

Postby RareBird » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:35 pm

proudliberal wrote:
RareBird wrote:She's grown on me. I'd definitely hit that. (But beside that, I like that she's forceful when facing the political opposition and doesn't shrink. It's perfectly fine that she's "girly" IMO.). "Krystal Ball" though--can you imagine trying to be anything but a comedian with that name? It was made for Hollywood Squares--Krystal Ball for the block (and you'd expect her to look like Kaye Ballard or someone like that).

You'd "definitely hit that"? If by that you mean try to score with her, you're proving my point. Her "flirting" takes away from her seriousness as a contributor and commentator, to the point that some people might start to question her qualifications (not to mention how she got the job, if you get my meaning). I would hate to see that happen, especially since, as I mentioned before, she seems to be very intelligent and well-informed.

Guilty as charged. She is what she is. I'd much rather her than someone who looks like Greta Van Susteren or Jeannie Moos. eww. :grin: Male chauvanist pig here. :oops:

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:58 am

Sometimes I get a little tired of the self conscious geekness of the younger members of the MSNBC crew. The exception is Ezra Klein, who speaks with the confidence and knowledge of someone twice his age.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:25 am

RareBird wrote:
proudliberal wrote:You'd "definitely hit that"? If by that you mean try to score with her, you're proving my point. Her "flirting" takes away from her seriousness as a contributor and commentator, to the point that some people might start to question her qualifications (not to mention how she got the job, if you get my meaning). I would hate to see that happen, especially since, as I mentioned before, she seems to be very intelligent and well-informed.

Guilty as charged. She is what she is. I'd much rather her than someone who looks like Greta Van Susteren or Jeannie Moos. eww. :grin: Male chauvanist pig here. :oops:

In view of my own admiration for Keith in part for reasons having nothing to do with his journalistic contributions, I'd be the last to criticise you for that. But I still think, as proudliberal & I have both noted, that acting sexy can set a woman up for disappointment if she wishes to advance professionally. It used to help you but these days it can hold you back.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:27 am

dnkoa wrote:Sometimes I get a little tired of the self conscious geekness of the younger members of the MSNBC crew. The exception is Ezra Klein, who speaks with the confidence and knowledge of someone twice his age.

Yeah, media organizations used to celebrate smartness. Time to start doing that again!

-Marie-

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:59 pm

RareBird wrote:
proudliberal wrote:

:lol:

I commend you for being honest, RareBird.

proudliberal

Postby proudliberal » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Marie wrote:
RareBird wrote:
proudliberal wrote:You'd "definitely hit that"? If by that you mean try to score with her, you're proving my point. Her "flirting" takes away from her seriousness as a contributor and commentator, to the point that some people might start to question her qualifications (not to mention how she got the job, if you get my meaning). I would hate to see that happen, especially since, as I mentioned before, she seems to be very intelligent and well-informed.

In view of my own admiration for Keith in part for reasons having nothing to do with his journalistic contributions, I'd be the last to criticise you for that. But I still think, as proudliberal & I have both noted, that acting sexy can set a woman up for disappointment if she wishes to advance professionally. It used to help you but these days it can hold you back.

-Marie-

My admiration for Keith goes beyond professional reasons as well ( :wink: ), but I'd lose alot of respect for him if he constantly flirted the way Krystal seems to do.

As for women being able to get away with that before, I think it's because they didn't have the same opportunities that women have today. They had to use their "feminine wiles" in order to get a foot in the door. Now that women have more opportunities (thanks to the feminist movement), it's frowned upon for them to use those tactics, or even appear to be using them.

dnkoa

Postby dnkoa » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:20 pm

In fairness to Ball she was married when those pictures were taken and her husband was with her at the party. 20 somethings are horny and like to drink, who knew?

Return to “Progressive Media”