Katy is a Town & Country 'modern swan'

Anything Progressive, Radio or Television: Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, The Daily Show ,The Colbert Report, Real Time, Bill Maher
StevenHW

Re: Katy is a Town & Country 'modern swan'

Postby StevenHW » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:15 am

Programming Note:

According to this website (click below), Katy Tur is scheduled to be a guest on "The Daily Show with Trevor Noah" on Comedy Central, this coming Thursday (April 27). Check your local listings!

http://interbridge.com/lineups.html

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:58 am

StevenHW wrote:Programming Note:

According to this website (click below), Katy Tur is scheduled to be a guest on "The Daily Show with Trevor Noah" on Comedy Central, this coming Thursday (April 27). Check your local listings!

Make that Tur's-day! :-)

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:48 pm

StevenHW wrote:Programming Note:

Tune in for Katy @11 -- stay for Keith (on 1st episode of The President's Show) @11:30!!!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:17 pm

Overachiever wearing biker jacket.

What's embroidered on the back -- "Born To Raise Expectations"?

So not who she is. [-(

-Marie-

StevenHW

Postby StevenHW » Mon May 01, 2017 9:36 pm

Marie wrote:Overachiever wearing biker jacket.

What's embroidered on the back -- "Born To Raise Expectations"?

So not who she is. [-(

-Marie-

I couldn't help but to think of Keith's leather jacket during his debut on the ESPN2 channel's news program called "Sports Night" with Suzy Kolber!

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon May 01, 2017 10:58 pm

StevenHW wrote:I couldn't help but to think of Keith's leather jacket during his debut on the ESPN2 channel's news program called "Sports Night" with Suzy Kolber!

Me too, that was my first thought! And everybody kidded Keith about that jacket b/c is wasn't him; surprised she didn't see a lesson in that Image

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

One Katy article, THREE headlines!

Postby Marie » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:30 pm

Their original read "Katy Tur is tougher than she looks."

Instantly people began hitting them on the nose with a rolled up Times for the obvious sexism in the wording. So they retitled it "You can't rattle her."

I think they've finally found the right formula now, LOL.

Too bad readers still have to educate them about such issues. [-(

Katy Tur’s swift and surprising rise
By Luisita Lopez Torregrosa
nytimes.com
6/10/2017

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/10/styl ... p=cur&_r=0

-Marie-

RareBird
Certified Fan

Postby RareBird » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi folks, it's been quite a while. I just was looking through my bookmarks and clicked to see if this forum is still here. Anyway, I'm posting here on this thread because when Katy Tur was first becoming part of the MSNBC team, I was behaving like a male and checking her out. She was seated in a group and there was an angular shot of her profile. I though, "eh", I don't know". Then another female head emerged into the scene next to Katy. She didn't say anything yet but made some small facial gestures which were instantly appealing. I wondered if I had seen her before. But anyway I just took that she was one of the wave that brought Kasie Hunt, Katy Tur, etc to the fore. She look fascinating to me. Not a FOX News spokes model in looks, just naturally appealing. That was the moment I fell under the spell of Halley Jackson. She sure gets a lot of words into her seconds of air time. And she has proven to be bold and daring as well as very impressive in her manner of touching as many bases as she can in the time she gets. I hope she gets the chance to become the next Andrea Mitchell and have a prominent career doing what's she's doing. I wish she or someone else would get those still photos of the snot she didn't know was swinging from her nose in a cold weather report. It's gross. Must be a conservative hit job. Yay, for Hallie J. OK for Katy T and Kasie and her brother Mike Hunt.

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:22 pm

RareBird wrote:Hi folks, it's been quite a while. I just was looking through my bookmarks and clicked to see if this forum is still here. Anyway, I'm posting here on this thread because when Katy Tur was first becoming part of the MSNBC team, I was behaving like a male and checking her out. She was seated in a group and there was an angular shot of her profile. I though, "eh", I don't know". Then another female head emerged into the scene next to Katy. She didn't say anything yet but made some small facial gestures which were instantly appealing. I wondered if I had seen her before. But anyway I just took that she was one of the wave that brought Kasie Hunt, Katy Tur, etc to the fore. She look fascinating to me. Not a FOX News spokes model in looks, just naturally appealing. That was the moment I fell under the spell of Halley Jackson. She sure gets a lot of words into her seconds of air time. And she has proven to be bold and daring as well as very impressive in her manner of touching as many bases as she can in the time she gets. I hope she gets the chance to become the next Andrea Mitchell and have a prominent career doing what's she's doing. I wish she or someone else would get those still photos of the snot she didn't know was swinging from her nose in a cold weather report. It's gross. Must be a conservative hit job. Yay, for Hallie J. OK for Katy T and Kasie and her brother Mike Hunt.

Hallie has her own show now, 1pm, following Andrea M. They're all very talented. In fact it's an open secret that the women of MSNBC are literally CARRYING their male counterparts. :whistle:

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Ken Blackwell, interrupted. He actually looks surprised!

Postby Marie » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Ken Blackwell is a bloviating bozo. Voting was a mess when he was Ohio secy of state. So naturally he's gonna shout you down if you try to point out where he's mistaken.

"Can I talk?" is the cry of the thoughtless filibusterer.

Katy shows how you handle him.

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

KO could appreciate this

Postby Marie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:43 am

Katy says, "I signed some books at the Hudson News by gate 40 in terminal 1," and wags reply, "Your own, we hope." :grin:

BTW, the one she's referring to:

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Katy says 'access journalism IS NOT WORTH IT'

Postby Marie » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:03 am

=D>

Now if all your colleagues would just listen to you. And if you can hold onto that belief as your career progresses. (Temptation will never stop presenting itself.)

-Marie-

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: KO could appreciate this

Postby Marie » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:37 pm

Marie wrote:Katy says, "I signed some books at the Hudson News by gate 40 in terminal 1," and wags reply, "Your own, we hope." :grin:

BTW, the one she's referring to:

https://twitter.com/yogaskidogs/status/ ... 4312294400

-Marie-

Return to “Progressive Media”