Lawrence O'Donnell out at MSNBC?

Anything Progressive, Radio or Television: Rachel Maddow, Randi Rhodes, The Daily Show ,The Colbert Report, Real Time, Bill Maher
CandyCanes

Lawrence O'Donnell out at MSNBC?

Postby CandyCanes » Mon May 15, 2017 1:08 pm

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/lawrence-odo ... -numbered/

Haven't posted here in a long time, but curious what people think.

Marie
Certified Fan

Re: Lawrence O'Donnell out at MSNBC?

Postby Marie » Mon May 15, 2017 3:16 pm

I was reading the various internal arguments on this matter last night, and the conclusion is that it would be stupid to fire the host of MSNBC's show with the second-highest rating (after Rachel, who consistently comes in first). Moreover, both shows are frequently beating cable news first place Fox -- so why would you want to shoot yourself in the foot?

I sometimes have problems w/Lawrence's presentation, but not his information. He's pretty good at cutting thru the BS, even if it requires a contrary view of the conventional wisdom.

I hope he gets to serve out the remainder of his contract, at least, so the right of hosts to speak their own point of view (as long as they qualify it as such) is reinforced!

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

dejapig
Site Admin

Postby dejapig » Tue May 16, 2017 5:31 pm

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/lawrence-odonnell-msnbc-1202427309/

Sounds like the report of him being out was a negotiating ploy... :-s
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
Keith Olbermann rocks! --dejapig

Marie
Certified Fan

Postby Marie » Wed May 17, 2017 12:46 am

dejapig wrote:http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/lawrence-odonnell-msnbc-1202427309/

Sounds like the report of him being out was a negotiating ploy... :-s

Must have been marathon negotiations; Lawrence was gone last night. He reappeared tonight looking fairly chipper.

-Marie-
You find out what someone is really like in "battle," and Olbermann is who you want to be in a foxhole with, Patrick said. "On the air, we had each others' backs," said Olbermann.
-David Goetzl: "Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick still brothers long after ESPN's 'Big Show'"; MediaPost blog, 4-6-2012

Marie
Certified Fan

Lawrence O'Donnell RENEWED at MSNBC

Postby Marie » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:27 pm

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! =D>

-Marie-

Return to “Progressive Media”